Tuesday 4 June 2013

Children's Festival in Granville Island

Today I want to share with my experience of volunteering in Vancouver Children's Festival in Granville Island on 31th of May.
Children Festival happens every year, and thousand people comes to look and take part on it. Moreover it needs a lot of volunteers, so I decided to be a volunteer in this Festival.
I arrived at 1.00 pm, sighed in and tried to find my classmates which worked from morning but volunteer's team leader said me that they needn't help and gave me another work. I was a little bit confused because I planed to join my team, I did not know anybody in the Festival. Nevertheless I gathered myself and decided to keep going and doing my work as well as I can. I met interesting people who were students of Fraser University, they helped me with my volunteer's job and practicing my English.
I got experience of working with children at Spin Art Bicycle, we helped kids to create their own pictures and had a lot of fun together.






1 comment: